LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Four Democratic candidates ran to fill three seats on Lafayette City council At-Large. The Indiana Primary Elections were held on Tuesday and at the end of the night, the three incumbents held on. Lon Heide, Kevin Klinker, and Nancy Nargi, were challenged by newcomer Russell Bridges.
Bridges, a Purdue graduate, came out with twelve percent of the votes while Heide took 26 percent and Klinker and Nargi each with 31 percent.
Other results from the viewing area include Clinton County, where Frankfort mayor Chris McBarnes will keep the nomination for the position he's held for eight years. His opponent Lewis Wheeler got 27 percent of the vote.
In White County voters were choosing between two candidates for Monticello Mayor, Matthew McKean and Barbara Pellegrini.
McKean came out on top with 67 percent of the votes.
Voters in White County also approved a referendum at the Frontier School Corporation. It passed with 89 percent and has the potential to put $669,000 into schools there.
- Primary election results are in
- 2019 Primary Results
- 2018 Election Results
- Results for the 2018 Indiana Primary
- Purdue puts on an election results party
- 2019 Tippecanoe County Municipal Election results certified
- Who is running in the Tippecanoe County Primary Election?
- "Meet the Candidates" in the May 8 primary election Tuesday
- Early voting begins for Indiana's May 8 primary election
- Todd Rokita on state tour leading up to primary election