LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- The Lafayette Aviators are gearing up for their 4th season at Loeb Stadium.
The team hosted a meet and greet Wednesday evening.
Fans were allowed to meet the players, get some concessions and buy some memorabilia.
Players even signed autographs.
Their manager from their winning season is back as well.
Brent McNeil led the team to a 36 win, 24 loss season in 2017.
Fans said they're pumped to watch some baseball.
"I just love the atmosphere of it all," said Bridget Mudd. "I don't know, it's very like family. You kind of feel like you're a family watching baseball. It's really chill. It's like summer it's nice out.
"It's complex," said Mackenzie Richards. "It's more than what meets the eye. So when you are watching there are so many more things going on then like what you think is boring."
The Aviators start their season Thursday on the road.
But they open up at Loeb Stadium Thursday, June 6th against the Danville Dans.
- Lafayette Aviators open 2019 season Thursday
- Rex spoil Aviators season opener 13-8
- Lafayette Aviators enjoying final season in historic Loeb Stadium
- Lafayette Aviators in need of host families for 2018 season
- Lafayette Aviators spent baseball season benefiting non-profits
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- Lafayette Aviators have a new owner
- Aviators announce new coach for 2018 season
- Aviators top Danville 7-6 in home opener
- LPD and Lafayette Aviators host 'National Night Out'