LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- The Aviators are enjoying their last go around at Loeb Stadium.
Lafayette hosted Danville for its last, first home game ever in the 79-year-old ball park.
As we previously reported the $17 million dollar new stadium will start construction at the end of this year's season.
The Aviators are still unsure where it will host home games next year.
Head Coach Brent McNeil and fans said they are stoked for the new stadium and love rooting on their team.
"There isn't a better summer entertainment value than Lafayette Aviators baseball," said Joe Wenig. "Between the bouncy house, the pizza, the food and the beer and you get to watch baseball. I'm old school I would just come for the baseball."
- Lafayette Aviators enjoying final season in historic Loeb Stadium
- Lafayette bids farewell to historic Loeb Stadium
- Lafayette Leopards hold reunion at Loeb Stadium
- Loeb Stadium to host Greater Lafayette World Series
- Bids open for Loeb Stadium renovation
- Lafayette Aviators open 2019 season Thursday
- Utility work planned for Loeb Stadium this summer
- Updates to Loeb Stadium include new stoplight on Main St.
- Main Street to close for Loeb Stadium renovations
- One step closer to a new Loeb Stadium