LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- The Goodrich Lafayette 7 Theater on McCarty Lane has reopened after being closed for a month for renovations.
Each auditorium welcomed new seats and the concession stand received a face lift.
The Lafayette 7 is one of three Greater Lafayette Goodrich Theaters to have renovations done.
Goodrich Lafayette's Training and Operations Support Manager, Dan Lavengood, said the renovations will hopefully bring people back out to the movies.
“That's the goal is to get people out of their home theaters and back into the movie theaters,” said Lavengood. “There's some movies that you have to view on the big screen, that you just don't get the same effect at home.”
The next big step for the Goodrich Theaters in Lafayette will be the grand opening of the IMAX Theater in the Eastside 10 which will open at the end of June.
- Lafayette 7 Theater re-opens after renovations
- Lafayette's new IMAX theater set to open this weekend
- Indiana city buys historic theater after failed renovations
- Potential renovations promote growth in downtown Lafayette
- Nelly to be rescheduled, concert still happening at Lafayette Theater
- New owner means new rules for Lafayette Theater
- LPD arrests 2 after fight spills out of Lafayette Theater
- Bids open for Loeb Stadium renovation
- Lafayette will buy old Lafayette Theater to help improve entertainment scene
- How do downtown business owners feel about the City of Lafayette purchasing Lafayette Theater?