LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Lafayette Police Department will give the community a chance to learn about gangs.
Police said the topic has been a popular one on the website, Nextdoor recently. That's why they decided to host a forum discussing signs to look for.
They are going to explain how different graffiti is associated with different groups and a variety of other gang-related topics.
Specialist Shana Wainscott said she hopes this will keep people's minds at ease.
"It's really just about awareness so people are aware that gangs are here, kind of to be able to tell if someone is associated with a gang, if they're not," said Wainscott.
The forum is free and open to the public. It willl be held at city hall on Feb. 20, at 6:00 p.m. Click this link to sign up.
- LPD to host community outreach gang discussion
- LPD to host drug take back event
- LPD to host RAD Kids classes
- Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office takes witty approach to community outreach
- Lafayette police hosting discussion on illegal drugs in the community
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer
- LPD officer suspended
- LPD and Lafayette Aviators host 'National Night Out'
- LPD encourages community members to help tackle drug epidemic
- LPD looking for missing woman