LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette Transitional Housing will be receiving a $1.25 million gift from a fund started by one of the richest men in the world. LTHC is one of 32 organizations to be awarded the Jeff Bezos Day One Families Fund Grant.
Executive Director Jennifer Layton said the organization heard about the grant in September, applied in October and learned the good news in early November. They're expecting to get the funds by the end of the month.
LTHC's budget usually is around $1.8 million a year, making this a significant donation.
"We can do more. We can end homelessness for all families with additional resources. Money, more housing, more staffing, more financial assistance," said Layton.
Layton says the next step is to figure out internally how they can best use the funds. LTHC has been ending homelessness for families in Greater Lafayette for the past 30 years.
- LTHC receives $1.25 million from Jeff Bezos grant
- Purdue receives $12 million grant
- Community invited to LTHC groundbreaking celebration
- LTHC welcomes new Union Place Apartments
- LTHC celebrates opening of new engagement center
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos says National Enquirer publisher tried to extort him
- Purdue partners with LTHC to provide food to community
- LTHC executive director honored as 2018 Woman of Distinction
- LTHC making strides with the new engagement center
- LTHC held it's 15th annual Homeward Bound Walk