LAFAYETTE, Ind (WLFI)—The 15th annual Homeward Bound walk was held at Columbian Park on Sunday.
The purpose of this walk is to combat homelessness in the community.
Last year each agency served more than one thousand families together.
The goal of the walk this year is to raise $50,000.
Executive Director of LTHC Jennifer Layton said in order to be better as a community the community has to work together.
"This is important because we help end homelessness for families and individuals in our community," said Layton. "And homelessness does have an impact. So when we can help people keep their housing or get them back into housing it truly just makes our community a better place to live for everyone."
With the help of the community and various sponsors, the walk has already raised $25,000.
If you'd like to support this cause you still have time. You can do so here.
- LTHC held it's 15th annual Homeward Bound Walk
- The 4th annual Buddy Walk held at McCutcheon High School
- Community invited to LTHC groundbreaking celebration
- Purdue partners with LTHC to provide food to community
- LTHC executive director honored as 2018 Woman of Distinction
- LTHC making strides with the new engagement center
- LTHC named nicest place in Indiana for 2019
- McCutcheon spell bowl team state-bound
- St. Boniface Catholic Church host 15th annual crucifixion of Christ play
- New funding allows LTHC to build new 40 unit living space for homeless