LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette Jeff athletics has a new leader.
The Lafayette School Corporation board approved Joe Hernandez as the Bronchos athletic director Monday night.
Hernadez replaces Doug Seagrave, who resigned last month after three months in the position.
“Joe has spent 30+ years in athletics at the Division I level," Lafayette Jeff Principal Mark Preston said in a release. "He brings a wealth of knowledge and unique experiences that will benefit both our student-athletes and our athletic staff."
Hernandez has been employed through the Ball State University athletic department since 1986 in a number of roles: Associate Athletics Director for Sports and Alumni Relations (2002-present), Assistant Athletics Director (1999-2002), Director of Athletics Communication (1995-99), Sports Information Director (1990-95) and Assistant Sports Information Director (1986-1990).
Hernandez currently supervises boy’s and girl’s golf, soccer, strength/conditioning and trainers as a part of his duties as Associate Athletic Director.
His will begin his new position as Lafayette Jeff athletic director on Monday, Nov. 4.
- Lafayette Jeff hires Joe Hernandez as new athletic director
- Joe Hernandez starts as new Athletic Director at Lafayette Jeff
- Purdue hires Lafayette Jeff athletic director Peyton Stovall
- Lafayette Jeff athletic director Doug Seagrave resigns
- Lafayette Jeff announces Doug Seagrave as athletic director
- West Lafayette Schools approve new athletic director
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Cooke, West Lafayette top Lafayette Jeff 2-0
- HIGHLIGHTS: Westfield 42, Lafayette Jeff 40
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette Jeff 65, Richmond 49 (GBB)