LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Lafayette School Corporation and Community Schools Of Frankfort announced classes would be canceled on November 19. Classes were canceled after teachers asked for the day off to attend the Red for Ed Rally in Indy.
According to a press release from LSC Superintendent Les Huddle, over 130 teachers requested a personal day.
"For the safety of students and staff remaining in the building, we are canceling school on Tuesday, November 19. LSC will make this day up at the end of the school year. Oakland Elementary and Oakland H.S. will make this day upon the first Monday of their Spring Break," said Huddle.
Other details from the Lafayette School Corporation release: bus drivers and bus attendants, paras, instructional aides, and lunchroom supervisors will not work on Nov. 19. LSC Custodians and maintenance workers, technology employees, and secretaries that work either 10 or 12 months will work as usual. Administrators will work as usual.
As we previously reported, 61 Indiana school districts are closing or having an e-learning day on Nov. 19.
- LSC and Community Schools Of Frankfort cancel school for Nov. 19 as teachers plan to attend rally
- Several Community Centers to provide childcare for LSC and TSC families on Nov 19
- List of school corporations closed on Nov 19 for Red for Ed rally
- LSC finds solution to substitute teacher shortage
- LSC School Board announces school projects are on schedule
- Program within LSC aims to keep students in school
- Keeping LSC students safe from sex crimes at school
- LSC considers policy change to combat substitute teacher shortage
- LSC discusses active shooter training
- Monticello teacher attends space camp