LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Lafayette School Corporation announced all construction projects are on schedule.
Glen Acres Elementary may even be ahead of schedule.
The elementary school’s exterior brick is almost finished. Crews are working on the interior masonry and mechanical fixes.
The career academy has a floor plan in place with weekly committee meetings to go over logistics.
Tecumseh's cafeteria construction is underway also, the heating, ventilation and air conditioning is being improved.
Superintendent Les Huddle says there are very minor issues throughout the construction process, but they're easy to fix.
“You have what they call the punch list,” said Huddle. “There are still some things of maybe fixing, like this or that needs to be moved over there. That wasn't in the original plans. So we're in that process of finalizing the punch list.”
Also at tonight's meeting, the board unanimously voted yes to the general obligation bond of $3 million.
The bond is annual but is usually worth $2 million.
The money is to keep all schools in LSC up to date.
- LSC School Board announces school projects are on schedule
- School board announces opening dates for West Lafayette Intermediate School
- Program within LSC aims to keep students in school
- Keeping LSC students safe from sex crimes at school
- LSC discusses active shooter training
- Back to School: What's new in the LSC, TSC & West Lafayette Schools
- LSC adds cyber insurance to protect employees
- Lafayette police increase patrols at LSC
- LSC staff discuss STEM at annual conference
- LSC finds solution to substitute teacher shortage