LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Lafayette Police Department swore in two new officers Monday and promoted four others.
Scott Galloway was promoted to the rank of captain.
Brian Clawson and Randy Sherer were both promoted to the rank of lieutenant and Justine Hartman now has the title of sergeant.
The two new officers sworn in are Tyler Gregory and Robert Hine.
LPD's hiring manager said finding qualified candidates is a challenge for law enforcement all across the country.
“We aren't really seeing a shortage of applicants but we are seeing that they are harder to come by,” said Lt. Adam Mellady. “That's most likely due to the demand for police officers so there are a lot of opportunities out there for individuals interested in law enforcement.”
The Lafayette Police Department is fully staffed when it has 148 officers on duty. The department has six vacancies left.
- LPD swears in two new officers
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer
- LPD officer suspended
- LPD officer faces misconduct allegation
- LPD officer accused of misconduct
- LPD names Officer of the Year
- LPD receives its office on wheels
- LPD officer dies after battle with cancer
- LPD news conference on accidental officer shooting
- New LPD officer carries on family legacy