This story has been updated.
LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police are searching for the driver of a vehicle who hit a man, and then drove off this weekend. Police said the man has broken ribs and a possible broken pelvis.
Around 2:20 Saturday morning, police said a white GM hit a man near the intersection of Twyckenham Boulevard and 9th Street. The vehicle then sped off. Police believe the vehicle then headed east.
Police said based off the parts at the scene, they believe the vehicle was a white GM. They are still working to figure out more details about the car. Sgt. Matt Gard said they are reviewing surveillance video from the roundabout at Twyckenham Boulevard and Poland Hill Road.
If you have any information, you are asked to contact Lafayette police at (765) 807-1200 or the anonymous We-Tip Hotline at 1 (800) 78-CRIME.
- LPD searching for driver who hit, injured a man Saturday morning
- Fifteenth year of LPD's fugitive search
- Man arrested, accused of hitting LPD officer with bicycle
- LPD answering your questions live Friday morning
- LPD has some tips for drivers as the next snow storm hits the area
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer
- LPD officer suspended
- LPD searching for suspect in alleged VP armed robbery
- LPD searching for suspects passing counterfeit bills in the city
- LPD looking for missing woman