LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — UPDATE- Both children were located. A witness who saw their pictures in the media recognized them and called the police.
Lafayette police are asking to public to help find two missing children. It's the second time in less than a month that police have had to look for them.
Twelve-year-old Dashanti Funches and 13-year-old Damarcus Funches were last seen at 11 p.m. Tuesday.
Police say they ran away from their mother and took clothing with them.
They could have a lime green suitcase and a camouflage-colored gym bag with them.
As we previously reported, Dashanti and Demarcus were reported missing earlier this month. They were found a few days later.
Police believe the two could still be in the area, due to a lack of transportation.
Detectives have gone to the previous places where they have known to go, but have still not found them.
Dashanti is considered at-risk because of her age.
Anyone with information is urged to call Lafayette police at 765-807-1200 or the WeTip hotline at 1-800-78 CRIME.
- LPD locate the two missing Lafayette children
- Update: LPD located "endangered" man
- LPD looking for missing woman
- LPD released name of Lafayette homicide victim
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer
- LPD officer suspended
- LPD arrests Lafayette man after child exploitation investigation
- LPD: Man arrested after attempting to rob Lafayette Olive Garden
- LPD and Lafayette Aviators host 'National Night Out'
- LPD arrests 2 after fight spills out of Lafayette Theater