LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Lafayette Police Department has released the name of the person of interest in Friday's fatal Virginia Street shooting.
After a freedom of information request, Lafayette police told News 18 officers determined that 35-year-old Curtis Stewart was a person of interest in the shooting. Stewart was also listed as a victim of an attempted robbery at the time.
He was later located and police department personnel collected a small caliber handgun as a part of their investigation. Stewart was questioned and later released.
On Friday, March 2, Lafayette Police responded to a report of a shooting in the area of South 9th Street and Virginia Street. Officers arrived and located the victim, 30-year-old Thayer Summers. The case is being investigated by police as a homicide.
The Lafayette Police reiterate this was not a random act and there is no threat to the public.
On March 6, Brooke Stichter was arrested by Lafayette Police Department Detectives on a preliminary charge of conspiracy to commit armed robbery resulting in bodily injury.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Lafayette Police Department at (765) 807-1200 or the anonymous We-Tip Hotline at (800) 78-CRIME.
- LPD names a person of interest in Virginia Street shooting
- LPD investigating Broadway Street shooting
- LPD looking for shooting suspect
- LPD names Officer of the Year
- LPD released name of Lafayette homicide victim
- LPD news conference on accidental officer shooting
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer
- LPD officer suspended
- LPD investigates late night stabbing on Main Street
- LPD: "Shooter interviewed and released" in Friday's 9th Street homicide