LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette Police have a recorded podcast to help unmask the department. In July, the podcast is going live in order to hear from people in the city.
"What we see is that people will get frustrated with not knowing why decisions were made or how the police department operates," said Lieutenant Scott Galloway. "Here's a chance that they can ask."
Usually the officers plan a topic ahead of time with guests and ask their guests questions. They go over topics like summer crime and hiring to unmask the police department. This is a chance for the community to see what goes on behind the scenes.
"Sometimes people send in a question and we will be compiling those in case there's something there that we feel is a pressing need that needs to be answered," said Lafayette Director of Communications and Marketing Patty Payne. "We'll have a standby list that we can go to if there's a lull in the action."
A panel of officers will be answering questions from people in the city. There may be a traffic officer and someone from the street crimes unit on the show. The podcast will be livestreamed on Facebook and the police want to hear from you.
"Ask questions that are going to be meaningful to other people, not just your question that happened to you," said Galloway. "Or, phrase it in a way that's going to help other people."
The livestream is happening on Friday July, 13 and will be up on the City of Lafayette's Facebook page starting at 9 a.m.
You'll have about an hour to listen in and have your questions answered.
- LPD podcast going live for a community question and answer session
- LPD answering your questions live Friday morning
- Roswarski and Dennis talk about old times in LPD podcast
- Polar vortex: Your questions answered
- LPD to host community outreach gang discussion
- Man questions LPD protocol for needles found on street
- Legislative brunch addresses community questions
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer
- LPD officer suspended
- LPD encourages community members to help tackle drug epidemic