LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- Lafayette police are looking for a man in connection to a homicide investigation. Officers say 62-year-old Juan Manuel Roano is a person of interest after 52-year-old Lisa Heinsen was found dead inside her home.
Police were called to the 1300 block of Hart Street around 8:30 p.m. Thursday after a relative of Heinsen asked for LPD to do a well-being check. Officers arrived and found Heinsen dead.
Roano is believed to be driving a 2004-2005 white Nissan Pathfinder with possible passenger side damage, according to police.
This is the city's first homicide of 2019, officers say.
If anyone has any information about the crime or the whereabouts of Juan Roano, they are asked to contact the Lafayette Police Department at 765-807-1200 or through the anonymous We-Tip hotline at 800-78-CRIME.
LPD Sergeant Matt Gard said Roano is believed to be armed and dangerous. If you see him, do not approach him. You should call police immediately.
.#BREAKING: Police are searching for this man in relation to Lafayette's first homicide of 2019. Juan Manuel Roano, 62, is a person of interest in the death of Lisa Heinsen inside her Hart Street home, police say. Possibly in white Nissan Pathfinder, passenger side damage. @WLFI pic.twitter.com/GEupEDwFs1
— Trevor Peters (@TrevorPetersTV) February 8, 2019
- LPD looking for man in connection to city's first homicide of 2019
- LPD released name of Lafayette homicide victim
- Neighbors react to LPD homicide investigation
- LPD looking for man wanted in connection to fatal shooting
- LPD: "Shooter interviewed and released" in Friday's 9th Street homicide
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer
- LPD officer suspended
- LPD looking for missing woman
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery
- LPD investigating Broadway Street shooting