LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police are investigating a report of shots fired that left 18 bullet holes in the back of a home.
Around 3:45 Friday morning, police were called to Seventh and Oregon streets near downtown for a report of shots fired. According to police, nothing was located at that time.
Police said the same morning around 10:30, a caller reported gunshots found in the back of a home in the 100 block of S. 7th Street. People were inside, but police said no one was injured. Residents reported hearing people talking in the alley and gunshots.
Officers found 19 shell casings and 18 bullet holes in the back of the residence. There are no suspects at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call Lafayette Police at (765) 807-1200 or the anonomous WeTip hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME
- LPD investigating shots fired; 18 bullet holes found in home
- Mother speaks out after finding bullet hole in toddler's crib
- LPD investigating shots fired in Brampton Apartments area
- LPD is investigating shots fired at a Lafayette apartment complex
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery
- LPD investigating Broadway Street shooting
- LPD makes arrests in overnight shots fired incident
- LPD: Man arrested after altercation, shot fired in parking lot
- LPD investigating overnight stabbing near Columbian Park
- Neighbors react to LPD homicide investigation