LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- Police are investigating this city's third homicide in 2019.
On Thursday at 8:05 a.m., Lafayette police were called to a home on Kenosha Court for residential entry complaint.
According to LPD, 18-year-old Talmadge Jasper, was the suspect of the residential entry. There is a valid protection order in place prohibiting Jasper from contacting the woman who lives there.
Investigators determined an adult male who lived at the home was missing.
At about 8:30 p.m., a search warrant was served at Jasper’s apartment on Eagles Way Drive in Lafayette.
During that search, the body of an adult male was found. Victim identification is pending, as well as cause and manner of death.
Jasper was arrested for murder, residential entry and invasion of privacy.
LPD says there are no outstanding suspects and no on-going threat to the public.
Anyone with information about this case can contact the Lafayette Police Department at (765) 807-1200, or the WE-TIP hotline at 1-800-78 CRIME.
- LPD investigating homicide, suspect in custody
- Neighbors react to LPD homicide investigation
- LPD released name of Lafayette homicide victim
- Homicide investigation leads LPD to Dayton, Ohio, suspect involved in SWAT standoff
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery
- LPD investigating Broadway Street shooting
- LPD looking for shooting suspect
- Suspect in custody after teen dies in Lafayette homicide
- LPD: "Shooter interviewed and released" in Friday's 9th Street homicide
- LPD investigating overnight stabbing near Columbian Park