LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police are investigating a bank robbery, according to Sgt. Mike Brown.
According to police, it happened Monday around noon at the Centier Bank on South Street and Executive Drive.
Brown said a man walked in and displayed a handgun. Police said he got away with an unknown amount of cash. No shots were fired and nobody was injured. Police were unable to say what direction the man left in
Officers recovered a bag containing cash shortly after the robbery along the roadway near the intersection of Sagamore Parkway North and Greenbush Street. The bag and money are suspected to be related to the bank robbery.
The suspect is at large and considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information about this case is urged to call the Lafayette Police Department at 765-807-1200 or the WeTip Hotline at 1-800-78 CRIME.
.#BREAKING: Lafayette police say this man robbed the Centier Bank on South Street & Executive Drive about noon today. Displayed a gun and got away with cash, according to police.
— Trevor Peters (@TrevorPetersTV) August 5, 2019
- LPD investigating South Street bank robbery
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery
- LPD investigating Broadway Street shooting
- LPD investigating Black Friday alleged armed robbery
- Crawfordsville police investigating bank robbery
- LPD investigates late night stabbing on Main Street
- LPD investigating overnight stabbing near Columbian Park
- Neighbors react to LPD homicide investigation
- LPD investigates five indecent exposure reports
- LPD investigating homicide, suspect in custody