LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A man was injured in a series of three shooting incidents that Lafayette police believe to be related. In one of the incidents, 25 shots were fired into a home, according to police.
Lt. Matt Gard said the first shooting happened around 5:50 Sunday morning at Spring Gardens Apartments at 350 Teal Road West. Gard said a man, identified as Fred Crump Jr., was shot in the knee.
A little more than an hour later, police said 10 to 13 shots were fired into a vehicle in the 1900 block of Windemere Drive. That's on the city's southeast side. Gard said it appeared to be in retaliation from the shooting earlier that morning. A car dealership building and a motorhome were also hit.
Witnesses described a man in a red bandana and blue jeans, possibly in his late teens to early 20s, leaving the scene. No injuries were reported.
Then around 7:25 a.m., police responded to 500 block of South 31st Street and found 25 bullet holes in the home. Two other homes, one on South 31st Street and one on South Earl Avenue, were hit by gunfire as well.
Witnesses saw either a dark SUV or a grey/blue Buick Regal leaving the scene, according to Gard.
No arrests have been made. If you have any information, call Lafayette police a (765) 807-1200 or use the WeTip Line at 1 (800) 78-CRIME.
DEVELOPING: 25 shots were fired into this S. 31st Street home Sunday morning, according to @LafayetteINPD. It’s one of 3 shooting incidents that officers believe are related. A man was injured in one of them @WLFI pic.twitter.com/LwkxvMqiwh
— Trevor Peters (@TrevorPetersTV) May 20, 2019
- LPD investigates three shooting incidents that appear to be related
- LPD investigating Broadway Street shooting
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery
- LPD looking for shooting suspect
- Twelve people arrested for drug related incident
- LPD holding a shooting review meeting to examine evidence of shooting incident
- LPD increases drug-related arrests by 92 percent
- LPD makes arrests in overnight shots fired incident
- LPD Detectives: The incident was not a robbery
- LPD investigating overnight stabbing near Columbian Park