LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police detectives are investigating after a 17-year-old female was hit while crossing Creasy Lane Wednesday night, according to Sgt. Mike Brown.
Police said around 8 p.m., the teen was hit by a vehicle driven by 18-year-old Brian Cruz at the intersection of North Creasy Lane and Rome Drive. She was taken to IU Arnett and then airlifted to an Indianapolis hospital. Brown said she was in serious condition, but stable.
Drugs or alcohol do not appear to be factors, according to Brown.
- Lafayette police investigate teen hit while crossing Creasy Lane
- Power outage on Creasy Lane and South Streets in Lafayette causing traffic backups.
- Lafayette police continue standoff investigation
- Runaway Lafayette teens found
- Lafayette police investigate shooting at Romney Meadows
- Lafayette police investigating 2 overnight stabbings
- Lafayette police say attempted teen abduction was false
- Lafayette police investigate an increase in vandalism reports
- Lafayette police still investigating after three-hour SWAT situation
- Police investigating weekend shots fired near Lafayette apartment