LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A new partnership between the Lafayette Police Department and the Lafayette School Corporation will honor a student monthly for success in and out of the classroom.
Students, kindergarten through 4th grade, will be nominated by school faculty and administration based on their success in the classroom and beyond. The winner will be chosen regardless of academic ability.
Those chosen will be selected by LSC principals and the LPD Resource Officer on the basis of outstanding leadership, citizenship and academic success.
The winning student will be presented with a certificate and movie passes to Goodrich Quality Theaters.
The first presentation will be Friday, Jan. 25 at Vinton Elementary.
- LPD enters partnership with LSC to honor 'Student of the Month'
- LPD names March student of the month
- LSC discusses active shooter training
- Program within LSC aims to keep students in school
- Keeping LSC students safe from sex crimes at school
- Earhart student surprised on morning announcements with 'LPD Student of Month'
- LSC adds cyber insurance to protect employees
- Lafayette police increase patrols at LSC
- LSC staff discuss STEM at annual conference
- LSC finds solution to substitute teacher shortage