LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette SWAT situation has ended peacefully after hours of negotiations.
It happened Sunday afternoon at the Emerald Pines apartment complex near McCarty and Creasy lanes. Police said two people were in an argument, which led to shots being fired. No one was hurt.
According to police, 39-year-old Keith Aaron Jordan barricaded himself inside the home. The SWAT team negotiated with him for several hours. LPD made an arrest and cleared the area about 4:50 p.m.
LPD Lt. Matt Gard says Jordan was wanted on two warrants out of Marion County. He faces charges of criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon and intimidation with a deadly weapon.
He's being held in the Tippecanoe County Jail.
- Hours-long Lafayette SWAT standoff ends with arrest
- Lafayette police arrest woman after hours long standoff
- Hours long standoff in West Lafayette ends when suspect kills himself
- Coroner identifies man involved in West Lafayette SWAT standoff
- Seven-hour Logansport standoff ends peacefully
- 18th Street SWAT situation ends with arrest
- Lafayette police still investigating after three-hour SWAT situation
- Man in custody after Logansport SWAT standoff
- Lafayette man arrested after standoff
- Man shot in West Lafayette standoff that lasts several hours