LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — What started as an intoxicated man inside the Lafayette Theater Sunday morning ended with two arrests and blood-covered sidewalks, according to police.
Around 1:35 a.m., officers were called to Main Street for "several people" fighting in the middle of the road.
Lt. Matt Gard said bouncers were attempting to throw out an intoxicated man inside the theater when he and his friends became combative. At one point during the fight, a man punched a window outside the theater and cut his hand, according to police. The man was taken to the hospital.
Police arrested 21-year-old Marco Perez and 21-year-old Jasmine Molina, neither of which were the ones who punched the window. Perez was arrested for Resisting Law Enforcement with Injury and Criminal Mischief. Molina was arrested for Resisting Law Enforcement.
Police said three people were hurt, including the man who had cuts, a theater staff member and an officer trying to arrest Marco Perez. All of the injuries were described as minor.
Nick Perez, the manager of the Lafayette Theater, said there were 650-700 people at the event and this was "the result of one male." He said he has hosted this event for more than two years and nothing has ever happened before.
Perez said the Lafayette Theater called LPD after the man was thrown out. Perez decided to end the event about an hour early for safety reasons. He said he had 11 security guards for the event.
- LPD arrests 2 after fight spills out of Lafayette Theater
- LPD: Uninvolved man shot twice after fight spills out of bar
- LPD arrests Lafayette man after child exploitation investigation
- LPD: Man arrested after attempting to rob Lafayette Olive Garden
- LPD released name of Lafayette homicide victim
- LPD locate the two missing Lafayette children
- Lafayette 7 Theater re-opens after renovations
- LPD makes arrest in child solicitation case
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer
- LPD officer suspended