LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- A woman was arrested early Monday morning after Lafayette police say she stabbed her ex-husband several times with a steak knife. According to Sgt. Matt Gard, it was the result of an argument after the two returned home from watching the Super Bowl.
Police were called to the 500 block of South 3rd Street around 2:48 a.m. Monday. When they arrived, they found Aaron Warren, 46, with stab wounds to the face, chest and back.
Police said Warren was letting 42-year-old Nicole Thompson, his ex-wife, stay at the home. According to officers, the two went out drinking to watch the game Sunday evening.
When they returned home, police said the two got into an argument. That's when Thompson grabbed a steak knife and began stabbing Warren, according to Gard.
Police said the stab injuries were non-life threatening.
Thompson was taken to the Tippecanoe County Jail. She was booked on three preliminary charges including battery by means of a deadly weapon, domestic battery and intimidation with use of a deadly weapon, according to jail listings.
- LPD: Woman arrested after stabbing ex-husband with steak knife
- Woman stabs man with kitchen knife
- LPD investigating overnight stabbing near Columbian Park
- LPD looking for missing woman
- Woman arrested for prostitution after undercover LPD arrangement
- LPD investigates late night stabbing on Main Street
- LPD makes arrest in child solicitation case
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer
- LPD officer suspended
- Lafayette man arrested after stabbing