LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police are warning about an increase in use of a dangerous drug.
Police said over the past weekend, they responded to at least 10 calls for service related to the use of spice. Many of those calls led to people being hospitalized or arrested.
Spice is a leafy substance like marijuana, that has been sprayed with chemicals. It can cause hallucinations, paranoia and can even death.
Anyone with information about people using or dealing spice is asked to call the Tippecanoe County Drug Task Force or the anonymous We-Tip Hotline at 800-78-CRIME.
- LPD: Watch out for increase in spice
- Authorities see increase in spice related calls
- LPD warning about spice after almost 100 drug overdoses at Connecticut park
- LPD increases drug-related arrests by 92 percent
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer
- LPD officer suspended
- Police uncover spice ring in Tippecanoe County
- LPD looking for missing woman
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery