CARBONDALE, Ill. (WLFI) — A man wanted as a suspect in the killing 21-year-old Drequan Burglar was arrested on Tuesday in Carbondale Illinois. According to police, Andre Hastings had been hiding with relatives in the area.
Hastings has been booked into the Jackson County Jail in Murfeesboro, Illinois, where the extradition process has begun. Hastings is scheduled to attend an extradition hearing in Jackson County on October 9th, 2019.
As WLFI previously reported, On August 2 Lafayette Police officers responded to Romney Meadows in reference to a shooting. 21-year-old Drequan Burglar sustained a single gunshot wound. He was transported to a hospital for treatment but died as a result of his injuries. After a police investigation, the Lafayette Police Department obtained a warrant for the arrest of Andre Hastings.
- LPD: Man suspected of killing in Romney Meadows arrested
- Lafayette police searching for man suspected of killing Romney Meadows man
- Head Start coming to Romney Meadows
- Lafayette police investigate shooting at Romney Meadows
- Police looking for suspect in alleged Romney Meadows armed robbery
- Suspect, still at large, charged with murder in killing of Romney Meadows man
- LPD looking for shooting suspect
- Update: LPD located "endangered" man
- LPD investigating homicide, suspect in custody
- Romney man charged after police standoff