LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Lafayette Police Department have made an arrest with a possible connection to Friday's fatal Virginia Street shooting.
According to a press release, on Tuesday detectives arrested 22-year-old Brooke Stichter for a preliminary charge of conspiracy to commit armed robbery resulting in bodily injury. A class three felony. It is unclear at this time what, if any, role she played in the shooting. Lafayette Police Sgt. Matt Gard has said she is not the shooter.
On Friday, March 2, Lafayette Police responded to a report of a shooting in the area of South 9th Street and Virginia Street. Officers arrived and located the victim, 30-year-old Thayer Summers. The case is being investigated by police as a homicide.
The Lafayette Police reiterate this was not a random act and there is no threat to the public.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Lafayette Police Department at (765) 807-1200 or the anonymous We-Tip Hotline at (800) 78-CRIME.
- Investigation into fatal shooting leads to arrest
- Police investigation leads to multiple drug-related arrests in Bloomington
- Internal investigation at Clinton County Jail leads to arrest
- Indianapolis police arrest 2 in fatal shooting of girl, 1
- LPD investigating Broadway Street shooting
- Traffic stop leads to six arrests
- I-65 traffic stop leads to marijuana arrest
- Investigation finds natural gas caused fatal house explosion
- Woman arrested following Lafayette shooting
- Frankfort investigation into park funds leads to firing