LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Lafayette Fire Department responded to a house fire near South 10th and Kossuth Streets.
Fire officials said that it started around 7:40 Saturday evening. The home is separated into apartments and the fire happened in one of the lower level apartments.
One person was inside the home, and it was that person's apartment that caught fire. They were able to get out.
Fire officials said there were smoke detectors in the home. One firefighter suffered a minor injury and was treated on scene.
LFD is still investigating what started the fire in the first place.
- LFD responds to fire near downtown Lafayette
- LFD fights garage fire near downtown Lafayette
- Downtown Lafayette host OutFest
- New LFD technology helps keep fire fighters and drivers safe
- LFD and WLFD recruits train together for the first time
- LFD remembers sergeant after his battle with cancer
- LFD station number seven pays tribute to former assistant chief
- LFD inspector, Tyler Trent's uncle delivers family eulogy
- LFD swiftly puts out fire at a home on 29th Street
- Small Business Saturday takes over downtown Lafayette