UPDATE: New details have emerged regarding the shooting of a 28-year-old man by an 11-year-old boy in Kokomo yesterday. The victim has been reported to be the boy's brother. According to the family, the boy has autism. He was taken to Kinsey Youth Center on the juvenile equivalent of a voluntary manslaughter charge.
Police say that the incident is still under investigation.
KOKOMO, Ind. (WISH) — A juvenile has been detained in connection with the fatal shooting of a Kokomo man.
According to the Kokomo Police Department, officers responded to a residence in the 5200 block of Ojibway Wednesday around 3:17 p.m. on a report of a person shot.
After arriving on scene, officers discovered 28-year-old Randall Rogers with a gunshot wound to the head.
Police say an investigation revealed that 11-year-old shot Rogers. The juvenile, who police say lived at the same address and was a relative of Rogers, was taken to the Kinsey Youth Center for what police described as “a Delinquent Act that would be Voluntary Manslaughter, if the crime was committed by an adult.”
If you have any information about this case, you’re encouraged to call Detective Michael Banush at 765-456-7017 or Crime Stoppers at 317-222-TIPS.
- Kokomo man fatally shot by 11-year-old, police say
- Kokomo rape suspect arrested
- Kokomo police investigate local credit card fraud
- Kokomo police searching for rape suspect
- Silver alert cancelled for Kokomo man
- Kokomo Man arrested after vehicle pursuit
- Police name northern Indiana man fatally shot by deputies
- Kokomo rape suspect dies in Louisiana after standoff with police
- Kokomo man found guilty in Lafayette armed burglary case
- Kokomo man faces charges of battery and rape