KOKOMO, Ind. (WLFI) — Indiana State Police have charged a suspect on Monday after an investigation into home improvement fraud. According to ISP, 60-year-old Dennis Sanders is facing felony charges for corrupt business influence, two counts of home improvement fraud, and three charges of theft. Sanders also faces a misdemeanor charge for home improvement fraud.
Police served the warrant at the Howard County Jail where Sanders is currently being held on unrelated charges.
According to ISP, officers began an investigation in August 2019 after receiving information that Sanders had allegedly committed home improvement fraud in Miami County. On three separate occasions, homeowners reached out to Sander's company, Ace Handyman, requesting home repair services. Sanders allegedly provided the residents with estimates, agreed to do home repairs and took down payments. All three jobs were not completed and in some cases led to worse damage. Police also said Sanders purposely overcharged and suggested repairs that were not needed.
- Kokomo man faces multiple felony charges related to home improvement fraud
- Kokomo police investigate local credit card fraud
- Woman facing multiple charges including theft and check fraud
- Lafayette man faces felony child molesting charges.
- Kokomo man faces charges of battery and rape
- West Lafayette woman facing welfare fraud charges
- A Lafayette man faces several felony child molesting charges
- Kokomo rape suspect arrested
- UPDATE: Violent felon faces multiple charges
- Woman faces multiple charges including armed robbery