TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Kokomo rape suspect faces multiple charges after allegedly holding a woman captive and raping her.
According to court documents, on Dec. 5 at around 7:40 a.m. Kokomo police investigated a call to a home regarding an unknown medical problem.
When they arrived they found the woman sitting in the living room in a state of undress.
She complained of pain to her side and told officers that she had been beaten and raped by 51-year-old Gary Perkins.
The woman said that Perkins had taken the day off and was spending some time socializing at her home. At one point she left to use the bathroom and when she came back out, she said she felt something hit the back of her head. A struggle ensued until he was able to wrestle her to the ground and choke her to the point of passing out.
The woman said she woke up several times throughout the night to find that she had been restrained at a bed with duct tape covering her mouth and eyes.
It was during this time the woman said she was repeatedly sexually assaulted by Perkins until he eventually left the home at around 5:30 a.m. that morning.
The woman also advised that she had a .38 caliber handgun in the home but police weren't able to locate it. They believe that Perkins may have taken the gun with him when he left. She said when Perkins left he told her that he was going to kill himself.
The woman was taken to a hospital in Kokomo for treatment. Investigators say that among other injuries she suffered five fractured ribs.
Perkins now faces charges of rape, aggravated battery, criminal confinement, strangulation and other crimes. A petition has also been filed for Perkins to be sentenced as a habitual offender.
- Kokomo man faces charges of battery and rape
- West Lafayette man faces battery charges
- Kokomo police searching for rape suspect
- Kokomo rape suspect dies in Louisiana after standoff with police
- Silver alert cancelled for Kokomo man
- Garrett man charged with battery turns himself in
- Kokomo man found guilty in Lafayette armed burglary case
- Kokomo man fatally shot by 11-year-old, police say
- Kokomo man involved in armed robbery sentenced to 43 years
- Lafayette man faces a number of charges after being accused of raping