MIAMI COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Kokomo man is facing criminal charges after leading police on a short vehicle chase then fleeing from police on foot. According to a statement from police, around 6:00 p.m. Monday night officers attempted to pull over 38-year-old Donnie Cox Jr's vehicle. Cox Jr allegedly failed to stop and led the trooper on an approximately eleven-minute pursuit. The vehicle chase ended when Cox Jr's vehicle became disabled in a cornfield near Cass County Roads 500 South and 950 East.
Cox Jr emerged from the vehicle and fled on foot into the cornfield. He was eventually captured around 11:56 p.m., in Kokomo near Alto Road and U.S. 931.
Donnie Cox Jr was taken to the Miami County Jail to face criminal charges for resisting law enforcement with a vehicle, resisting law enforcement, invasion of privacy, intimidation, theft, reckless driving, three counts of criminal mischievous, and driving after never having received an operator’s license.
- Kokomo Man arrested after vehicle pursuit
- Three arrested after early morning stolen vehicle pursuit
- Silver alert cancelled for Kokomo man
- Lafayette man arrested after south side shooting, police pursuit
- Kokomo man found guilty in Lafayette armed burglary case
- Kokomo man fatally shot by 11-year-old, police say
- Kokomo man faces charges of battery and rape
- Kokomo man involved in armed robbery sentenced to 43 years
- Kidnapped Kokomo girl found safe in Indy
- Kokomo police investigate local credit card fraud