WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe School Corporation has selected Deb Carter to replace Christine Cannon as Klondike Middle School's new principal. Cannon is retiring after 25 years in education. Carter is from Laporte where she served as a middle school principal. She says she realizes that this community is tight-knit.
"It's my number one priority, so absolutely. I consider myself a service leader. I am here to support the teachers so the teachers can do their very best job for our students and our students are our children and our grandchildren," said Carter.
Klondike Middle has more than 400 students. Carter says TSC's reputation for excellence attracted her to the position.
- Klondike Middle School announces new principal
- Klondike Middle School hosts first ever Health & Wellness Fair
- Sarah Gustin named new principal at Southwestern Middle School
- Klondike Elementary School honors Cecil L. Helmerick
- Revive Klondike project starting soon
- Pedestrian dies in Klondike Road crash
- Klondike Road back open after gas leak
- Tippecanoe County principals having fun with virtual morning announcements
- Neighbors get a glimpse of the Revive Klondike Project
- Railroad company lacks funds to repair crossing near Klondike