LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Lafayette City Council unanimously approved a 10-year property tax abatement for Kirby Risk.
As News 18 previously reported, it's to help ease the burden for its $6 million, 100,000 square-foot addition to its location on McCarty Lane.
Mayor Roswarski said the approval to lower the property taxes helps more than Kirby Risk.
"When we help them we are also helping Caterpillar," said Roswarski. "The council creates a very friendly business environment that's going to help them make that investment, hire more people and we certainly appreciate it."
The addition will add more local jobs to the area.
- Kirby Risk gets final approval of tax abatement
- H38 East Apartments gets tax abatement finalized
- UPDATE: Council approves tax abatement for local manufacturer
- Council approves tax abatement for $24 million investment
- Lafayette Redevelopment Commission approves tax abatement for Caterpillar's renovation plan
- City council approves 10-year tax abatement for Caterpillar
- Lafayette approves tax abatement for revolutionary low income apartment complex
- Local employer granted tax abatement waiver
- Warehouse building company gets tax abatement
- Kirby Risk Electrical Supply to build 100,000 square foot addition