LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - The Lafayette Redevelopment Commission approved a tax abatement for Kirby Risk Electrical Supply. The company is planning to build a 100,000 square foot addition to its location on McCarty Lane.
Kirby Risk has been headquarted in Lafayette since 1926. The company employs thousands of people in the area. This addition will bring even more jobs to Lafayette, and will help keep the company from having to move those jobs to its facility in Georgia.
"It's exciting," said Doug Mansfield, President of Manufacturing for Kirby Risk. "Our business is cyclical and right now business is strong and we are out of space so with the help of tax abatement we can add onto our facility."
Mansfield said they are currently hiring for new jobs. You can see 'Now Hiring' signs as you pass their facility on McCarty Lane. He said he hopes they can create more space to encourage more business from customers.
"Part of our values system is to give back to the communities we do business in and this is a great community and what we can do to grow here is just exciting for our company," he said.
Mayor Tony Roswarski vocalized his suppport for the tax abatement at the commission meeting held on Thursday.
- Kirby Risk Electrical Supply to build 100,000 square foot addition
- 500,000 square foot logistics facility in development
- Kirby Risk gets final approval of tax abatement
- Frankfort Municipal Airport adds 12,000 square foot aircraft terminal
- Some Fog & Additional Rainfall
- Additional snowfall for Tuesday night
- Additional lane coming to I-65
- City announces additional parking downtown
- Purdue hosts Norwegian Foot March
- Personal information hacked in 100,000+ homes