WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Khana Khazana Indian Grill is no stranger to the TASTE of Tippecanoe.
It's participated in the TASTE for almost 20 years.
News 18 Photojournalist Brandon Fulk sat down with the owners.
They spoke about their first TASTE and shared their excitement for Saturday's festivities.
The restaurant opened in September of 2000.
"The first year it was a little bit hectic," said manager Anita Kumar. "It was pretty new for everything. That time I didn't know what to do and how much quantity to make. But as long as we were doing it, it was getting more easy and this year we are very relaxed."
Khana Kazana is the oldest Indian restaurant in West Lafayette. Anita's husband has a lot of experience cooking.
"I love cooking," said head chef and owner Ashok Kumar. "Actually, my father is a master chef and he is also my teacher."
Khana Kazana's goal is to make customers happy and hear them out when it comes to what types of foods they want to be served.
"I think I make good food for everyone," said Ashok.
"I want them to try chicken malai kabob, chicken tikka masala, paneer masala and chicken masala with rice," said Anita.
Ashok said the restaurant is as authentic as it gets.
"We are very thankful and excited to join TASTE of Tippecanoe and serve our community," said Anita. "I think it'll be a great experience."
Khana Khazana will be set up between the Live Art Plaza and the Depot Stage.
- Khana Khazana is pumped for the TASTE of Tippecanoe
- Taste of Tippecanoe comes to downtown Lafayette
- Taste of Tippecanoe one week away
- Security gets a boost for 2018 Taste of Tippecanoe
- MILLER prepares for its Taste of Tippecanoe performance
- Summer Belt performing at the 38th Annual TASTE of Tippecanoe
- Red Bird Cafe prepares for TASTE of Tippecanoe
- The 2019 Taste of Tippecanoe is looking for volunteers
- Band Abercorn prepares for first TASTE of Tippecanoe performance
- Organizers for the TASTE of Tippecanoe are preparing for possible rain