INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Three-time Grammy Award winner Kelly Clarkson will sing the national anthem at this month's Indianapolis 500.
It's the second time she has performed at the world's largest single-day sporting event. But May 27 will mark her first solo act at IndyCar's biggest race.
Clarkson sang with Seal and was accompanied by David Foster on piano before the 2011 race.
She burst onto the music scene by winning the inaugural "American Idol" competition in 2002. Since then, Clarkson has released eight studio albums, a greatest hit album and two children's books. Clarkson also serves as a coach on "The Voice," another televised singing competition that premiered in February.
- Kelly Clarkson will sing national anthem at Indianapolis 500
- Students from Lafayette Christian School sing National Anthem
- Insurer Anthem to remain headquartered in Indianapolis
- John Legend and Kelly Clarkson are updating 'Baby, It's Cold Outside'
- Hemsworth to serve as Indianapolis 500 honorary starter
- Simon Pagenaud takes pole position for the 2019 Indianapolis 500
- Clarkson leads Lakers to 99-86 win over Pacers
- 49ers cheerleader takes a knee during national anthem
- Purdue All-American Marching Band celebrates 100 years of music at the Indianapolis 500
- Harrison grad oversees 3 cars as crew chief at Indianapolis 500