WHITE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)- The White County Sheriff's Department says a decision to bring on more K9's is paying off.
Deputy Matt White and his K9 Partner "Niro" pulled over a speeding vehicle on August 12th. Niro alerted him to Methamphetamines, Marijuana, and over four thousand dollars in cash.
White and Niro are one of three new K9 teams for White County within the last few months. K9's cost roughly 20,000 dollars each to train. They were paid for with the help of donations from businesses and community members.
K-9 officers can be essential to the department and set standards for the community.
- K9's helping White County Sheriff's Department
- White County K9 officer program seeing success
- K9 Otto retires from Frankfort Police Department
- New K9's at Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff's Office
- White County resident helps Dorian disaster relief
- LPD retired K9 passes away
- West Lafayette K9 Barry memorialized
- Brooks wins Republican nomination for sheriff in White County
- White County Sheriff's Office searching for missing Monticello man
- White County Sheriff confirms body pulled from Tippecanoe River