TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — David Homan wants to speak out after being accused of child solicitation, sexual gratification and sexual misconduct with a minor.
A jury found him not guilty of the crimes.
Homan missed out on family activities for 10 months.
"My son's football games, all of them," said Homan.
He also missed the father daughter dance and time with his five year old. We asked what she thought about her dad coming home.
"I knew he was going to tickle me," said his daughter, TT.
In jail, Homan was in protected custody. He said the people there were mostly accused of similar crimes against children.
"We were told we couldn't have newspapers," said Homan.
That's because accused child sex offenders would tear out pictures of kids and hang them above their beds. Homan hid all of the photos he had of his family.
"I just didn't want somebody coming up and staring at my kids at all," said Homan. "You just don't really want to give them that excitement, for some people."
Homan faced 12 years in prison.
"I was always shaking," said Homan.
He was so afraid the jury wouldn't believe him. However, they found him not guilty on all counts.
"I think they really saw through the lies," said Homan.
Homan said the two victims listed in the charges lied when they told police he touched one of the victims and directed them to touch each other.
Tippecanoe County Prosecutor Patrick Harrington said he believes in the stength of this case and presented the evidence in the best manner possible.
Homan is just ready to move on.
"I don't really blame them," said Homan. "The bible tells you to forgive and forget you know, so that's what I'm doing."
- Jury acquits man accused of sex crimes against minors
- Jury acquits Mexican man in San Francisco pier killing
- Tippecanoe Co. Juror explains why they acquitted an accused murderer
- Federal jury finds Lafayette man guilty of child porn crimes
- School bus mechanic arrested for several sex crimes with a minor
- Jury selection begins for man accused of murder, cannibalism
- West Lafayette man admits to sex crimes against a child
- Lafayette man sentenced for sex crimes against child
- Suspended Indianapolis priest charged with sex crimes