50s were widespread for the fourth morning in a row. It was the fourth consecutive morning of 50s at West Lafayette.
This consecutive 4-day 50s stretch is the longest in July since 2014.
However, average stretch of consecutive days in the 50s in July since 1949 is 4.
The longest stretch of lows in the 50s since 1949 is 10 days set in 1962.
Most consecutive days with lows of at least the 50s at West Lafayette in July:
1. 10 - 1962
2. 9 - 1967
3. 8 - 2000
4. 7 - 1994, 1998, 2014
5. 6 - 1959, 1960, 1976, 2004, 2005, 2007
No 50s in the 7-day yet. There will be more beyond the 7-day.
Low humidity with high/mid clouds & few cumulus with 85-90 Friday, then 90-93 Saturday with heat indices (& mostly sunny skies) 91-95.
Higher humidity will arrive Sunday-Monday with highs 91-95 with heat indices peaking at 100-103.
Showers/storms are likely Monday evening-night with isolated severe risk.
A couple shortwaves may bubble up some scattered showers & storms Tuesday-Wednesday with dry, partly cloudy weather Thursday. 80s will dominate.
Higher humidity will likely not be completely gutted until Thursday, but it will stair-step downward with time from 72-76 dew points to 68-71 to 64-68 to 60-65 & 57-64 with time Monday-Thursday.
Trend to overall cooler.................
................& wetter than normal weather will be with us through early August.
It should heat up & dry out late month with wetter, cooler weather was we exit August & move into September.
- July 25, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- July 1, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- July 11, 4 PM Weather Forecast Update
- July 17, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- July 19, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- July 3, 6 PM Weather Forecast Update
- July 7, 9 PM Weather Forecast Update
- July 8, 3 PM Weather Forecast Update
- July 17, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update
- July 18, 2 PM Weather Forecast Update