A few scattered showers & storms are possible today with highs in the 80s with winds turning to the north. It will still be rather humid.
Mostly sunny to partly cloudy skies & highs in the 80s to around 90 are likely with tolerable humidity.
The main points to know:
1. Storms may clip areas along & north of US 24 late Tuesday night-Wednesday AM.
2. A complex with squall line of severe storms is possible Wednesday evening with damaging wind threat.
3. Storms may clip areas along & north of US 24 Thursday night-Friday morning.
4. 90 to the 90s are likely all week except Monday. Currently, Wednesday (91-97) & Friday (91-97) look like the hottest days over over the upcoming week.
5. Worst of the heat comes in next weekend to early in the following week with some areas hitting 100 for the actual air temperature. Heat indices of 105-116 are likely for the area.
6. Severe storms are possible around Thursday, July 23, followed by a brief cool-down with highs in the 80s to 90 for a couple of days.
7. Heat may return for the last few days of July to the start of August.
8. Storms are possible, followed by several days of cooler highs in the 80s in early August.
9. Intense heat may return in mid-August as intense upper ridge expands northeastward again. The ridge will never really go away, it will just contract at times. Temperatures may reach 116 in Texas.