LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—The judge in a Lafayette murder case has taken himself off the case.
Superior One Judge Randy Williams recused himself from the Andrew Alcorns case Friday morning.
News 18 learned Williams represented Alcorns in several cases 20 years ago.
Alcorns is charged with murder, attempted murder and arson.
As we previously reported, he’s accused of shooting Ron Whiles to death, stabbing Whiles’s housemate, and setting Whiles’s house on fire.
A new judge will be selected from Circuit or Superior Courts.
This story will be updated.
- Judge recuses himself from Lafayette murder case
- Lafayette teen charged with murder
- West Lafayette City Council recount case dismissed
- Haunted Lafayette: New York Street Murder
- Lafayette man found guilty of attempted murder
- Lafayette man sentenced for Iowa murder
- Lafayette man sentenced for attempted murder
- Navarrete sentenced for Lafayette double murder
- Judge gives FBI more time in alleged serial killer case
- Judge denies Indiana AG Hill's motion in early voting case