WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind (WLFI) — Republican Mayor John Dennis remains at the helm in West Lafayette as he beat Independent challenger Zachary Baiel in the 2019 local election.
Dennis received 2274 and Baiel 724.
Dennis will continue his role as mayor of West Lafayette as his fourth term begins January 1st 2020.
He becomes the second-longest tenured mayor behind the late Sonya Margerum.
A comparison piece between Dennis and Baiel can be found here.
As mayor, Dennis, plays a vital role in the community.
This includes enforcing the ordinances of the city and the statutes of the state, providing a "State of the City" summary to the City Council at least once per year, recommending action to the City Council, signing all bonds, deeds, contracts and licenses issued by the city and appointing heads of executive departments and many board and commission members
You will hear from Dennis tonight on News 18 at 10 and 11.
- John Dennis secures 4th term as West Lafayette Mayor
- Dennis vs. Baiel; West Lafayette mayoral race
- Fort Wayne's mayor announces re-election bid for 4th term
- West Lafayette mayor sports Lafayette Jeff jersey after losing bet
- Zachary Baiel entering the race for West Lafayette Mayor
- Former West Lafayette Mayor Sonya Margerum passes away
- Remembering the former mayor of West Lafayette Sonya Margerum
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Cooke, West Lafayette top Lafayette Jeff 2-0
- Trump fires national security adviser John Bolton