WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Purdue's Memorial Mall was gold and black with a lot of John Deere green Monday.
More than 40 John Deere representatives were recruiting future employees. That includes those interested in careers in supply management, engineering, marketing and information technology.
"That's what really makes our company go," said John Deere Team Lead Kevin Hendress. "That's the students that we're looking to bring in to build our company up to continue to be a valuable company."
Different tractors and equipment were on display. There was also informational booths with activities.
Farmers may be their customer base, but Hendress said the company is much more than agriculture.
"They just think, 'Oh, it's a big green tractor that's a lot of iron.' That's true, but there's also a lot of technology that goes into it that makes it an intelligent vehicle," he explained.
John Deere Day ends at 4 p.m. Monday.
The Industrial Roundtable Career Fair takes place Tuesday and Wednesday.
It brings in more than 400 companies and 12,000 engineering, science, and technology students every year.
You can take your resume to the Memorial Mall from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days.
- John Deere Day kicks off Purdue Industrial Roundtable Career Fair
- Industrial Roundtable underway
- Purdue Hosting Career Fair
- Purdue hosting Building and Grounds Career Fair
- Purdue hosting its annual career fair in June
- Purdue Armory Craft Fair
- Physical Facilities Department held Career Fair
- Duke Energy to hold career fair
- Clinton County kicks off its 4-H Fair
- TSC hosts the first Mental Health Roundtable discussion