LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- Community members are full of chili and smiles after donating to Jessie's kids Wednesday evening.
Wednesday evening was the 6th annual chili supper at the Tippecanoe County Fairgounds.
Jessie's Kids supports at-risk youth with basic, educational and recreational needs.
All the money donated goes toward funding things like high school equivalency diplomas, work uniforms and social skills.
The vice president of the organization said kids end up loving the program.
"Kids really say 'I didn't think i was going to like you, i didn't think this program was going to help,'" said Melissa Holley. "Then at the end they realize we are trying to help and they identify needs they didn't know were needs and that we are able to help them."
The event typically brings in more than $1,000.
- Jessie's Kids hosts 6th annual chili supper
- Hanna Center presents 6th annual backpack giveaway
- 6th annual Bacon Fest held in Delphi
- Food Finders is preparing for 6th Annual Blue Jean Ball
- Donations needed for the 6th annual Wreaths Across American
- Indiana man faces 6th suit for allegedly molesting 19 kids
- Purdue hosts annual 5k Challenge
- 6th Alarm for First Responders
- Hanna Center hosts annual Thanksgiving meal
- Lakes Area hosts annual Home & Garden show