LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Two Lafayette Jeff student-athletes put pen to paper on National Signing Day.
Brian Jenkins signed his national letter of intent with Olivet Nazerene University in Illinois.
"The coaches really know how they handle stuff," Jenkins said, "They're just like us. They're starting downward and they're moving up so I just want to be a part of something special that's going to happen."
Jenkins, a wide receiver, finished with 96 receptions for 1157 yards and 20 touchdowns as a senior — the 20 touchdowns one shy of Dustin Keller's school-record.
Kalani Washington will play baseball Indiana University Southeast.
"They fit me really well," Washington said. "The coach to player connection is really deep. I felt that a lot. I feel like I'm at home when I'm there. I knew a lot of the players that go there so for me it was a perfect fit and they're really really good at baseball."
The Grenadiers finished 41-14 in 2018 qualifying for the NAIA National Championship.
As a junior for the Bronchos, Washington posted a .306 batting average with nine RBIs. He also had 10 doubles.
- Lafayette Jeff's Jenkins, Washington ink NLIs
- Jeff's Emilee Cox signs NLI with Purdue
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Bobby Dearing signs NLI with Western Michigan
- HIGHLIGHTS: Westfield 42, Lafayette Jeff 40
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette Jeff 65, Richmond 49 (GBB)
- Jeff softball too much for West Lafayette
- McCutcheon's Chapman signs NLI with West Virginia Tech
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette Jeff wins Girls Hoops Classic championship
- Benton Central hands Lafayette Jeff first loss 42-35