LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Boilermaker softball program receiving another local commitment Monday. Lafayette Jeff star Emilee Cox signed her National Letter of Intent to play for the gold and black next season. Cox posted a .500 batting average in her junior campaign, including 25 RBI and five home runs.
"It's always been a dream of mine to play at Purdue, a bunch of my family members went there, I have always bled black and gold, I can remember the very moment, like I told my dad, 'Dad I want to play at Purdue, that's my dream' and for it to come true, it's just so awesome," said Cox.
Cox will be joined by Frontier softball star KC Clapper in De Oliveira's incoming recruiting class.
- Jeff's Emilee Cox signs NLI with Purdue
- Lafayette Jeff's Jenkins, Washington ink NLIs
- Bobby Dearing signs NLI with Western Michigan
- McCutcheon's Chapman signs NLI with West Virginia Tech
- Purdue students react to Jeff Brohm speculation
- Purdue announces contract extension for Jeff Brohm
- Purdue signs top-25 recruiting class
- Clearing up the rumors surrounding Jeff Brohm's future at Purdue
- Jeff Brohm staying as head football coach at Purdue
- Purdue hires Lafayette Jeff athletic director Peyton Stovall