LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Pizza King on Teal Road will serve up its last pizza tonight after 50 years in business.
"Everybody comes here for the train," said Erik Gibson. "Our kids love it and I grew up with the train. Playing video games here, coming after school and just hanging out and being a part of Pizza King."
James has been a frequent visitor since he was a little kid.
"We had a lot of good memories here growing up," said James. "Half days after school and weekends and just a good time and a good place."
Gibson said he's been coming to the Jefferson Square location his entire life.
He woke up Tuesday and knew he had to stop by one last time.
"Pizza King is a part of us," said Gibson. "We're Lafayette people."
"One last sausage pepperoni," James said.
The manager declined to comment about the closure.
If you want to come out to get one last pizza, the doors will close at 10 p.m. Tuesday.
All of the other Pizza King locations will remain open.
- Jefferson Square Pizza King closing after 50 years
- Lafayette Jefferson graduate gives back
- The Jefferson High School class of 1969 came together for 50 year reunion
- Silver alert canceled for Jefferson County toddler
- Lafayette Jefferson's Motorsports Club breaks state record
- Lafayette Jefferson Motorsports team competes at evGrandPrix
- 500,000 square foot logistics facility in development
- Celebrating 100 years of life for Gilberta King
- Threat list found in book at Jefferson High School