LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- Lafayette Jefferson High School's Varsity Singers took home the schools first state championship in mixed concert choir.
After finishing as the state runner up in 2016, Jeff's Varsity Singers finished first at the state finals this past Saturday.
The top 16 of the 140 schools around the state qualified for the ISSMA state finals.
Varsity Singers performed their concert set and a site reading in front of a judge to qualify for state. At state they performed their concert set again and finished in first place.
Junior Shelby Louk they went into this year's competition more prepared and confident than ever.
"Every time our name wasn't called we got more and more excited because we were like, 'Oh my gosh we're in the top five, the top three, the top two,' and then we realized that we won and it was just an incredible feeling," said Louk.
She said she was happy to send the seniors out on a high note.
"It was just amazing to be able to sit with everyone and then hear our names called and just know that all of our work had finally paid off. I think I'll never forget that," said Louk.
If you would like to see the state champions perform, they will be performing in The Greatest Spring Show this weekend at Jeff.
The times will be;
- Friday, May 11 at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 12 at 7 p.m.
- Sunday May 13 at 2 p.m.
- Jeff High School choir wins state
- Lafayette Jefferson high school host xtreme choir show down
- Jeff High School getting a makeover
- African Children's Choir performing in Logansport.
- Jeff High School athletes deck out homes for Festooned Fourth
- Thousands of people receive Christmas lunch at Jeff High School
- African Children's Choir set to perform in West Lafayette
- Jeff Brohm opens year three at Purdue with high expectations
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette Jeff wins Girls Hoops Classic championship
- Lafayette Jeff outlasts Central Catholic to win Hoops Classic title